The Southern Academy of Etiquette is designed to help individuals increase their Self-Esteem, Leadership, and Communication Skills through a curriculum that will prepare them to accomplish their goals in life.
About The Director
Avery Johnson, owner/director is a passionate instructor committed to providing quality etiquette training to children, young adults, and seasoned professionals. She has been trained and dual certified at the prestigious American School of Protocol in Atlanta, Georgia.
In addition to her etiquette training, Avery served as a Business Educator for over 10 years in the Memphis and Dallas areas. She is also a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Avery has worked with several organizations:
- Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity Inc. (etiquette consultant for their Debutante Program)
- Children’s Museum
- Boys & Girls Club
- Girl Scouts
- Girls Inc.
- Special Olympics
- Shelby County Schools
- St. Paul Private School
- Dallas ISD
- Lambs & Ivy Preschool
- The Ladies and Gentlemen Academy
- GEMS (Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.)
- Jack & Jill
- Belmont Village Retirement Facility
- Crescent Club of Memphis
- National Association for African American Honors Program
- Miss Teen Memphis Pageant
- The University of Arkansas
- UT Southwestern
- The Project Management Institute (PMI) and several others.
Avery’s educational background consists of a Bachelor of Business from the University of Memphis; she also attended Freed-Hardeman University earning both a Master of Education and an Education Specialist Degree.